The Battle Checklist!
Get ready, the race is almost here! Please review your Battle Checklist below. If you are in the Elite Wave, please click here. To learn more about the OCR World Championship qualifications, please click here.
(Plus you’ll receive a raffle ticket to win awesome prizes just for donating!)
Click here if you are interested in purchasing VIP parking to guarantee a prime spot close to the action! (VIP parking is limited to 200 vehicles.)
- Download Your Digital Packet
This year, we do NOT have a physical packet to pickup prior to the race. You will receive your bib and electronic timing chip at registration at the race. (**Please note, you will be responsible for turning in your timing chip wristband after the race.) However, please download this digital packet that includes a checklist, a course map and messages from our sponsors.
- Arrival Time
On Saturday 5/20, please arrive 60 to 90 minutes before your wave time. If you do not know your wave time, then click the button below to look it up through our online wave time directory.
Look Up Your Wave Time
No wave time changes will be permitted after 5/10/17.
- What To Bring:
1. Combat – Put your game face on, grab your gear, and get ready to get down and dirty…really dirty! Really REALLY dirty!!
2. Creds – Identification to sign in (and prove you’re 21 and older for that free post-race beer) plus to complete a waiver release so you can battle with your friends!
3. Carpool – We’re looking at a minimum of 3,000 racers – and 1,000+ spectators – so parking is going to be tight. We love carpoolers!
4. Cans – For every canned good you bring (it all goes to Operation Food Search to feed St. Louis’ hungry), receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win some amazing prizes. Feel great giving…and receiving!
5. Shoes – Muddy shoes, that is. Leave ‘em with us so they can be donated to the needy in developing nations (proceeds benefit Operation Food Search.)
6. Clothes – Bring extra clothes, clean up at our on-site showers, and then walk to our nearby Cedar Lake Cellars winery for an after-battle break.
7. Chums – For your friends who just couldn’t commit to the race-of-a-lifetime, we offer free spectator admission. Other freebies: parking, gear check, festival area, and free kids’ mud zone for those 12 and under.
8. Cash – For food, drink and Battle swag!
The Battlegrounds Mud Run is located (by Cedar Lake Cellars Winery):
11008 Schreckengast Rd. Wright City, MO 63390 (google map)
For additional parking information, click here. To purchase a VIP parking pass click here.
- Food, Beverages & Music
There will be food and beverage for purchase, as well as fun activities, music and lots of vendors on the festival site. Be prepared to party!
- The Extras are FREE
Parking is FREE – gear check is FREE – spectators are FREE – kids are FREE… so bring your cheering crowd!
- HAVE FUN!!
8 a.m. 5-Mile Elite Wave Runners (EWR)
- EWR will be wearing bib numbers 1–199.
- Check in at the Elite Wave registration line for your bib, timing wrist band, and a wrist band with you bib number on it.
- After you register find a “marker volunteer” and get your bib number written on your head and any other exposed skin areas.
- EWR must complete all obstacles. If you don’t complete the obstacle on your first time you can try again, but will need to get in the back of any lines waiting for that obstacle before you try again. At the Gauntlet you can pick any lane you want to.
- Failure to complete an obstacle or cutting the course will result in disqualification, but you will still be timed.
OCR World Championship Qualifications
We are proud and excited to be an OCR World Championship qualifying race! What does that mean? That if you meet the qualification standards, you can compete in the championship race on October 13th – 15th in Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada. Learn more about the race here.
- You don’t have to be in the Elite Wave to qualify.
- Top 3 finishers in each gender in the 8 a.m. Elite wave will qualify for OCRWC pro wave. (Must complete every obstacle.)
- Top 10 finishers in each age group (18-29, 30-39, 40-49 and 50 and up) in either distance (5k or 5 mile) will qualify for OCRWC competitive wave.