2018 Training Program
We are excited to announce our 2018 training program. The Battlegrounds has teamed up with Assault Fitness and Jason Rulo, as well as KOR Komplex, to offer a training program to help participants prepare for the upcoming race. All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Training led by Jason Rulo, owner of Assault Fitness and member of the Battle Corps race team.
- Receive 10 on-your-own workout plans
- Attend boot camps that are geared toward building your fitness level for the event
- Learn valuable practical experience on obstacle completion
The full training program is included as long as you attend at least one Training Day event and will provide you the insight and information you will need to maximize your experience at The Battlegrounds. It makes all the difference when you are able to learn the proper techniques for obstacles and then practice skills like the rope climb, cargo net climb, running up the warped wall, and even what to wear (or not to wear) on race day.
For specific questions, please visit the Battle Corps race team Facebook page
Training Schedule Available:
4 WEEK TRAINING PROGRAM:
Includes all four training sessions listed below! (A $25 savings!) A comprehensive package that will help get you in shape for the race. All skill levels welcome!
1. Saturday, March 31st: 9 – 10:30AM @ The Battlegrounds
2. Saturday, April 14th: 8 – 9:30AM @ KOR Komplex
3. Sunday, April 22nd: 9 – 10:30AM @ The Battlegrounds
Add Sunday Brunch at Cedar Lake Cellars for $20!
4. Saturday, May 12th: 8 – 9:30AM @ The Battlegrounds
Boot Camp Schedule
Introduction / Warm up
- Burpee Progression Shuttle
- Burpees – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / Shuttle – 10 Yd., 15 Yd., 20 Yd., 25 Yd., 30 Yd.
- Fox Hole
- Trenches (if not frozen)
- Cargo Climb
- Walk Of Peril
- Fox Hole
- Tire Drag (rope pull and drag back)
- Alternate with Tire Flips
- Run 1/2 Way To Steeplechase = BW Squats x 100
- Steeplechase (forward and back)
- Jungle Climb
- Creek Crossing
- 12 Ft. wall climb
- Wounded Warrior/ Dummy Carry (through woods)
- Hill Climb x 4
- Bail Out
- 100 Yd. sprints
- 30 Burpees
- Team Log PT (lifts, core, carry, etc)
- Core Work
Stretching / Cool Down